Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

I love my Mama!

Moms are awesome and Deserve to be celebrated Everyday! 
My Mom is the Best! Shes beautiful, smart, funny, hard working, easy going, she has always been there for us & always offers great advice.
Things I've learned from my Mom about beauty: 
Don't wear makeup if you Don't need it or keep it to the bare necessities, Save make up for special occasions. Make up should highlight your beautiful features and it shouldn't be used to mask who you are. I try not to wear makeup everyday and if I do its usually just blush, lip gloss and mascara. I'm aware that its a luxury to have inherited great skin from both my parents & that it may not last but I believe by  not wearing make up all the time will allow me to have a lifetime of beautiful and healthy skin and for that I will always appreciate my mama for her advice and genes!
Aging doesn't make you look old, Stress does. My mom is laid back easy going funny little lady. She keeps her stress level to a minimum and is very good at "letting things go." 
Laughing is the key to everything in life. This goes hand in hand with the one above. Laughter is the best medicine. Laugh lines are more attractive than frown-y wrinkles. My mom has a great sense of humor and enjoys laughing. She likes to make people laugh and can easily laugh at herself but she usually prefers to play jokes on others so she can laugh at them. haha.
Its not about what you have or how much it costs, but more about what you make of it.
(this is more of my Mom's life lesson which I've applied to beauty) Some of the best beauty products can be found in your fridge or kitchen cabinets not behind a high-end cosmetics counter with an expensive price tag.
 Baking Soda : use it for everything from cleaning my shower and laundry to adding it to my shampoo and toothpaste...its Magical and costs like $1.99. Lemon Juice: Rinse dull hair with lemon juice to brighten it, Add honey and Olive oil to lemon juice (it sounds like a salad dressing) and it will condition your hair & cost you less than $7 total. Sea Salt: Texture can be added to hair with a squirt bottle, Kosher or Sea Salt, water and gel...easy peesy and less than $10 you'll have Victoria secret beachy model hair.
Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.
Sleep is a vital part of having beautiful skin its also important to your health
Whenever I talk to my parents on the phone my mom always asks if I'm getting enough sleep.
She's always concerned I may be pushing my self too much sometimes and reminds me that I need to recharge to be at my full potential. She also always wants me to go to the emergency room when ever I tell her I her I feel sick. I guess if she cant take care of me the only other option is a hospital...haha.

I've learned so much from my mom and can't thank her enough for everything shes done for me!
Happy Mothers Day Mama!



 Happy Mothers Day to all the Beautiful MaMa's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...