Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Beauty and the Beast: Glee Prom!

via Fox.com
Last night was the Glee Prom Episode. I don't know know how I feel about this episode. Especially when the Glee club performed that terrible song "Friday" by Rebecca Black I wanted to barf. Anyways...I thought it was very emotional (any time Kurt & his dad are in the episode make sure you have Kleenex handy) and dramatic not very prom-like to me. I liked the story and the message but I felt the episode as a whole fell flat for some reason, Anyone else feel that way? I may watch it over to see how I feel the second time around.
I just felt like all episodes prior to this were leading up to "PROM!" but it turned out to be more like "oh ya prom? its in our schools gym" Waa Waa... I'm hoping to find a picture of the girls so I can write about the Glee Prom Hair but til then I'm going to use photos of them from red carpet events...

Dianna Agron aka Quinn 
I personally like the first picture a lot. Very Glamorous and old Hollywood, Soft Romantic curls with a large barrel curling iron, be sure to have a deep side part with a beautiful hair clip (you may recognized this hairstyle from the Kate Middleton Bridal Hair Post) The Second photo is a little more casual pulled back in a low chignon with loose wave-y pieces framing her face, Id recommend wrapping strands around the barrel for a spiral effect or using a straightening iron and pulling it through on a 180 to create waves. The Third photo is more of a classic hairstyle...volume on top and sleek on the side. Use a teasing comb or rat tail comb to build volume then spray lightly with hairspray. If you have fine hair you may want to set your hair with rollers or a curling iron before teasing.

1
2
3

Lea Michele aka Rachel 
I love the first picture Its kind of a faux-bob with ringlet curls...I think its very sweet and romantic You should spiral curl your hair and then pin up longer layers underneath or pull back into a side loose bun. The second is very traditional up do with lots of teased volume on top and loose pinned back curls. I would curl the hair and then tease it and pin back. And the last one is definitely for a laid back beachy body wave,  I'd recommend using a gloss serum on hands and running fingers through the curls to loosen them up while still maintaining structure and shine. You can create similar curls many different ways...wrapping hair around the barrel of an iron, pulling hair through a straightener or setting it in rollers and then gently pull curls out until they are soft waves.

1
2
3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...