Monday, April 25, 2011

Beauty and the Beast: Threading

Waxing circa 2003
 My good friend Kristy sent me this photo the other day, it was taken back in college  when We would "play beauty parlor" in between classes. (Trust me whatever you do Don't let Kristy Highlight your hair!) I've recently converted to Eyebrow Threading and this photo not only made me laugh out loud but inspired me to write about threading. I've done threading in the past and often times felt very antsy and I tend to fidget during the process.  But I've found an amazing Threader named Bhumi, I feel very comfortable and I don't fidget when shes threading. Bhumi is very fast and talented...she suggested that I need to grow in my eyebrows so that she can correctly shape them. Anyone who  has known me long enough knows I have crazy dark thick eyebrows and they've been every shape under the sun. Growing up I was teased and called Uni-Brow, Brooke Shields, Bert (from Bert and Ernie) and even asked if a caterpillar died on my forehead.  Ive had plenty of mishaps with tweezers and waxes,  I've been burned by wax and was has been dripped on my eyelashes and in my hair & I've had technicians get a little over zealous and take off way too much brow... etc..etc.. I'm very happy to say that facial waxing is a thing of the past for me and I highly recommend Threading, especially if you have unruly full brows. Threading will give you great shape with precise lines and will require less maintenance then waxing. Average threading cost between $8-$17 depending on where you live and it takes only minutes to have perfectly shaped eyebrows.

My Eyebrow Hall of Fame

Brooke Shields

Megan Fox


Elizabeth Taylor

 
Jennifer Connely


Ashley Olsen


Bert

 me in preschool circa 1988



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...