Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hair's How: Faux Bob

 A faux bob is a great style that allows you to play with the idea of having short hair without the commitment of cutting off your long locks. Last Fall I wore my hair in a faux bob to my cousin's wedding and loved the look so much that I ended up cutting 13 inches of my hair and donating it to locks of love.
To Achieve a Faux bob your hair should be longer than shoulder length with layers.
Before: Long Hair


After: Faux Bob
You will need:
-Curling iron 1-1.5 inch
-Tail comb
-Pony tail elastic tie
-Bobby Pins and U- Pins (buy the pins that match your hair color)
-Hair Spray ( I love Loreal Elnett Strong Hold)
-Optional accessory (Rhinestone clips, flowers, headband)





1.) Curl your entire head using the desired curl pattern. As you are curling you should wrap each hair section  around itself and pin it to your head this will produce a long lasting curl.
2.) Once you are finished take a few minutes to let the curls cool and set, I usually apply my makeup since all my hair is pinned up and out of my face. You can begin to remove pins from the curls that are nearest the nape of your neck in the back. You want to gather the longest layer of hair into a low ponytail. 
3.) You can then take the hair that's in the ponytail and roll it from ends up to the base or wrap the pony into a bun and pin it or I like to braid it and then flat pin it up against my head. It all depends on your hair type and the look that you want. Just make sure it is secure and discretely pinned.
4.) Once your longest layers are pinned up you can remove the pins from the curls on the top and sides. Loosen the curls and reshape with your fingers. If you have any long strands you can use the U-pins to form a shorter curl and pin hair into a bob. Your hair should fall in between your shoulders and your chin. You want the illusion of short hair without having to actually cut it.
5.) Finish with hair spray. If you want volume on top tease with your tail comb and then add your accessory of choice.

Some examples of Faux bobs

 Images via Google

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...