Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hasta la vista, Alpha!

Alpha Hair Level Project

Tomorrow is my last day in Alpha. Its crazy to think that I've been in School for 12 weeks now. Time flies when your having fun. Looking back on Alpha unit I can definitely say I'm happy its over. It was much more Theory (book work) compared to Intro unit. And I didn't realize how important chemistry is when it comes to hair. 

What I've learned in Alpha: I'm not a fan of setting perms...I'd rather pour bleach in my eye than roll perm rods. Its torture and your entire body hurts when your finished. I like doing color a lot but not as much as I love cutting hair. There's so many factors that lead to great looking hair color and if you look hard enough you can see different under tones in peoples hair color.  My new nerdy game is identifying what level and tone peoples hair color is on the train.  


The picture above is of my color swatch project, we had to make different levels of color using bleach and Demi color and then use those swatches to make a picture. I wanted to make something I would hang in my apartment so since our living room is horror themed I figured the Addams Family would fit in perfectly. 


I also want to Thank my friends who came in to be models during my alpha unit! Especially Kristina from Sucker4 Sequins cause she sent out messages to her W girls network to help me out. I'll be posting my model photos in my portfolio soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...