Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bagels Bloody's and Beavering


So about a a month ago I invited some friends over and we had 
Bagels, Bloody's and Beavering. 
"Wait, What the hell is Beavering?" you might be asking. Hmm...Let me start from the beginning, I asked Ashley to Ombre my hair but I wanted more of a "Dimmer Switch" effect, meaning I didn't want people to see my hair and say "Hey that girls hair is Ombre'd" or "Her hair is two different color"  not that they would....but anyways I wanted a subtle look. So one night Ashley was talking to her mom about different techniques she had seen on the interweb, and when she describe a technique where you Tease the client's hair and then paint the highlights onto the portion you have left, Ashley's mom (who was a hairstylist) said in a southern belle accent "Oh child, you mean Furring?"  (I'm paraphrasing here and I don't know Ash's mom but I'd like to think that she has a southern ladylike accent) Anyways....Apparently to achieve a subtle Ombre look you need to Furr (tease) the hair. Furring doesn't sound right when you say "bagels bloody's and furring" But beavers have fur and so "Beavering" was born.

The four B's "Bagels, Bloody's Bleach & Beavering"


Anyways, I wanted to post the pictures of my hair. Thanks Ashley for Beavering my hair, I love it! We're going to be changing up my weave very soon and I'm so excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...