Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hair Hero


I've started reading- It's Not Really About the Hair: The Honest Truth About Life, Love, and the Business of Beauty by Tabatha Coffey, I first discovered Tabatha while watching Shear Genius, and absolutely fell in love with her on Tabatha's salon takeover. So when I heard she had written a book I immediately ordered it from the library. ( I'm a library junkie, lucky for me its across the park from my apartment) I'm only a few chapters in but its really interesting to learn how someone I admire discovered they're way into this career and ventured out to do what they are passionate about. I very much enjoy watching Tabatha but I also take plenty of mental notes, There's a reason she has a show about reviving failing salon businesses. Shes not only creative and talented shes got business savvy and "balls". She's honest and doesn't play games. Although she can appear to be a "bitch' everything she does or says comes from a good place and has a greater purpose. She is doing what she does to benefit the owners/stylists. She motivates and reminds people why they got into this business in the first place.

Once I'm finished I'll review the book but til then here is a link to Tabatha's Salon Takeover .
Just in case you don't know who I'm talking about.



photo via youlistit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...